DING. DING. DING.
The alarm hits you like a freight train.
After all, it’s Quarter End and you were up late last night entertaining a customer.
The last day of the fiscal quarter for Healthcare sales reps is beyond hectic. To put it to you point blank, it’s freaking stressful.
- What kind of deal can we get done today?”
- “Can you collect this PO and that one?”
- “Can you get that clinic to finally place an order?”
You are forced to sit in traffic and at the red light you continue to stare at the email your manager sent you yesterday, the same one you’ve looked at twice already this morning. The email shows your QTD sales numbers. You compare the numbers to the scribbled notes you’ve been keeping since the 1st of the month.
There are 3 things you are possibly thinking while looking at your numbers:
This is the reality of 100% of salespeople in Healthcare sales today.
Your reps dread this time of the quarter/year.
- By this point, it’s too late to make a major impact, unless there is a move in the making that has been worked on for weeks or even months prior.
- Their normally calm, cool and collected manager, manages to completely lose their cool..
- Reps’ phones are bombarded and blown up by their manager wanting updates, as they sit through a 7:00 am case.
THE BOTTOM LINE: This business can take you to places you never thought imaginable, but you can’t escape the Quarter End/Year end close.
So, how do you, whether you’re a rep for one of the biggest Healthcare companies in the world, or an independent rep selling an entire smorgasbord of products from different manufacturers manage this part of the job? But not manage it AT the Quarter End, manage it throughout the Quarter to where you never have to deal with the stress of the Quarter End?
That’s why you need something more than a CRM. You need a tool that tracks revenue, leverages the right data for you and can show trends for the entire quarter on your phone.